Musical Theater Program
Want to train for Professional Musical in Italy this summer of 2019?
Want to do a production of Kander and Ebb’s The World Goes ‘Round in Italy this summer?
Want to have the opportunity to perform in a cabaret setting?
Want to work with Internationally recognized Broadway, Equity Professional Actors, Directors, Fight Directors, Theatre Educators, and Producers of Theatre for Social Justice in Italy this summer?
Then audition for the International Lyric Academy’s first ever Musical Theatre Training Program and Production of Kander and Ebb’s The World Goes ‘Round.
The World Goes ‘Round by Kander and Ebb
Cabaret Concerts of Golden Age Musicals to Contemporary Repertoire
- Prepare a 90-second or less song from the Golden Age Musical Theatre cannon and a 90-second or less song from contemporary Musical Theatre anything after 1965
- Prepare a monologue any style but must be from a play, 90-seconds or less
- Bring dance clothes to be taught a Broadway jazz/hip hop routine
- Bring headshot and resume
- Live auditions
– National Unified Auditions on January 19 & 20, 2019 – New York City
– Pearl Studios 500 8th Ave. I will also attend NETC Theater Auditions Saturday, Sunday and Monday, March 9, 10, 11 2019 at The Crowne Plaza Hotel in Natick, Massachusetts
- Go to http://www.internationallyricacademy.com/?page_id=239to fill out the online application and submit the audition no later than March 15, 2019, to Professor Karla Kash.
Please note that for the video, please prepare what is listed and include a clip of any type of dance style 90-seconds or less
- Auditioning/Business of Musical Theatre
- Acting (monologues and scene work)
- Private Musical Theatre Voice Singing Lessons
- Dance (Tap, Jazz, Ballet, Hip-Hop, Latin)
- Acting Shakespeare and other heightened Styles
- Movement for the Actor
- Stage Combat
- Applied Theatre (Theatre For Social Change)
- Experimental Theatre
- Actors Voice/Speech, and Dialects
- Script Analysis
- Theatre History and Musical Theatre History
- Music Theory, Piano, and Ear Training
The production of Kander and Ebb’s The World Goes ‘Roundwill be co-directed by Jodi Jinks and Deena Conley, choreographed and fight directed by Karla Kash, and music directed, vocal coached and accompanied by Jacob Carll.
Karla Kash (ILA Musical Theatre Coordinator), Associate Professor at University at Albany, SUNY- is a professional actor, director, choreographer, fight director, and producer as well as an educator. Professor Kash has worked professionally in the theatre in NYC, Boston, San Diego, for a Broadway Tour, and all over the Midwest. Karla is a member of Actor’s Equity Association, Society of Directors and Choreographers, and Society of American Fight Directors.
Jodi Jinks is an accomplished actor, director, and teaching artist, and is proud to have been a member of Actors Equity Association for almost 25 years. She appeared in Blood Brotherson Broadway, the Broadway National Tour of Titanic, numerous regional theatres across the country including The Rude Mechanical Theatre Collective, aka Rude Mechs, in Austin, TX.
Dr. Deena Conley, Musical Theatre Coordinator and Associate Professor at SUNY Cortland- An accomplished actor and director, Conley has lived and worked all over the country, including New York City, Washington, D.C., Indiana, and Detroit.
Jacob Carll, Assistant Professor at SUNY Cortland-Jacob Carll is a Music Director, Pianist, and Vocal Coach based in New York City. Recent credits include Elf, The Musical (National Tour), South Pacific(Cape Playhouse).
WHERE, WHEN, ETC:
|Program length:||10 Days|
|Program dates:||July 3 – 13, 2019|
|Tuition & Housing||$3500 includes 4 Star hotel with roommates, walking distance of the theater and rehearsal room, but does not include airfare and meals.|
|Arrive in Venice Airport||July 3, flight should arrive prior to noon.|
|Depart Venice Airport||July 13, flights depart after 8 .a.m.(Shuttle arrives at Airport at 6 a.m.)|