Refund & Payment
1) The fee for the ILA Program will be not refundable. If the participant withdrawals from the program for any reason after their role is accepted and their tuition is paid with a down payment or in full, absolutely no refunds, in part or in full, will be given. What will be offered, is the opportunity to attend the program the year after your withdrawal, using 70% of the tuition paid the previous year as a credit.
2) The Management and Artistic Direction of Music for Life are not responsible for any cancellations of concerts or performances with orchestra due to bad weather (rain and any other meteorological disturbance). The organization will reschedule cancelled events if possible. If International Lyric Academy is prevented from carrying out its obligations as it pertains to the Program you registered for as a result of any cause beyond its control, or such program cannot be held or does not occur due to acts of God, strikes, labor disputes, government requisitions, restrictions or regulations on travel, hotel or facility availability, commodities or supplies, war or apparent act of war, terrorism, disaster, civil disorder, epidemic or pandemic, curtailment or restriction on transportation facilities, or any other comparable calamity, casualty or condition (collectively a “Force Majeure”) International Lyric Academy will refund the 50% of the tuitions already paid in full. There will be no refund for any 50% or less down payments. All applicants will be given the option to participate in the next scheduled International Lyric Academy (see “#3). However, International Lyric Academy does not assume responsibility for any additional costs, charges, or expenses; to include, charges made for travel and private lodging. Refunds will be processed within 120 days of notification.
3) If the Academy will be rescheduled then you may transfer registration fee you paid as a down payment or in full, upon written notification to International Lyric Academy management, towards another International Lyric Academy’s event, which is scheduled to held within 36 months from the date of the affected event. International Lyric Academy reserves the right, at its discretion, to approve or deny such registration fee transfer requests and to change the location of the Academy. If there is a difference in the registration fees between the affected Academy and the alternative Academy, the difference in the registration fees will not be charged or refunded, as applicable, on the credit you used to register for the affected Academy.
Additional Terms and conditions
4) International Lyric Academy Summer Opera Training Program is open to all nationalities participants and has no age limit. For students that are underage, family will need to request a parent’s authorization to sign. All participants in the International Lyric Academy Summer Opera Training Program will perform concerts within Music for Life.
Dress for general Concerts are suits and ties for men (in Orchestra Concerts Tuxedo is required), gowns for women both for concerts and orchestra.
All participants are requested to sing in the Chorus unless previously arranged with Artistic Direction of the Academy. Please bring also all black (elegant/appropriate length/shoulders coverage if we play in a Church) to wear for any chorus concerts.
Music for Life and International Lyric Academy does not assume any risk or damage arising from the activities of the participants in the program.
The organization is not responsible for any damage to persons and property which may occur during the period of the program and all participants needs to have their own certificate of insurance.
Participating in International Lyric Academy Summer Opera Training Program requires the unconditional acceptance of regulations above and the release for use photos and filming of lectures, concerts and any other event related to the Festival activity, without any rights resulting from this use by the program participants enrolled.
5) PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT REFUND INFORMATION BELOW – THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THE REFUND POLICY
All requests for refunds or transfers MUST be submitted in writing via email. Telephone and regular mail requests WILL NOT be honored. If refund is asked of the registration fee as per point #2 you will receive the amount, less an administrative fee of $50.00.
Request for refunds received within 41 days of the Academy beginning will not be considered.
6) To join the International Lyric Academy you must have your own travel insurance. Please be sure that your insurance policy covers you for all relevant ACTIVITIES you will be engaging upon on your Academy period & TRIP CANCELLATION. Depending on the policy and conditions, travel cancellation insurance will pay for some or all cancellation fees.
Please note that without Travel Insurance Policy you will be responsible for all the costs associated with cancellation.
ILA STRONGLY RECOMMENDS TO PURCHASE A TRAVEL INSURANCE TO PROTECT YOUR TRIP AGAINST UNFORESEEABLE EVENTS.
7) Similar to other institutions of higher learning, payment in full is required prior to commencement of International Lyric Academy training program.
Methods of Payment
8) Payments terms are shown in your Acceptance Letter.